Everyone over the age of 18 will be able to register for Covid -19 vaccination from 4 pm today through the CoWIN platform or the Aarogya Setu app. Those who get registered will start getting vaccinations from May 1. Currently, two Covid vaccines are being used in India.
One of them is Covaxin developed by Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech and the other is Covishield vaccine developed by Oxford-AstraZeneca and is being made by Serum Institute of India. Apart from this, there is Sputnik V which was developed in Russia and is being imported and made available in India by Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories. These have been approved by the Indian Drug Regulator.
India is witnessing a record increase in cases due to the second wave of Covid-19. In such a situation, it has become very important for people to take the vaccine. Here, we are giving you information about how to register yourself using the CoWIN portal and Aarogya Setu app.
How to register for Covid-19 vaccine on CoWIN portal, step by step guide:
- First of all, you have to go to the CoWIN website. After that, click on Register/Sign in.
- Then enter your mobile number and click on Get OTP. When OTP arrives, enter it on the website and click on Verify.
- The Vaccination Register page will open in that you will have to enter all your details such as photo ID proof, name, gender and date of birth. Then tap on Register.
- After registering, you will get the option to schedule an appointment. Choose and book your appointment.
- Enter your PIN-code in the search bar. It will help to locate the nearby centers for you.
- Select the time and date and click on Confirm.
- Users can add up to four members through one login and can also easily reschedule appointments on CoWIN portal.
How to register for Covid-19 vaccine using Aarogya Setu App, step by step guide:
- For this you have to go to the Aarogya Setu app. Then tap on the CoWIN tab given on the home screen.
- Then tap on Vaccination Registration. Then enter your mobile number and click on Get OTP. Enter the OTP and click on Verify.
- The Vaccination Register screen will appear in that you have to enter details like name, gender, date of birth and photo ID proof. Then tap on Register.
- After registering, you will land on the ‘schedule an appointment’ screen. Choose an appointment as per your need and confirm.
- Enter your PIN code in the search bar. The list will appear of vaccine centers.
- Select the available time and date and click on Confirm to book your vaccine appointment.