During the Independence day speech in 2018, PM Narendra Modi announced a flagship national health protection scheme known as PMJAY (Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana) which is backed by the Government of India. It safeguards poor people across the country, especially in rural areas. Its purpose is to cover over 50 crore Indian citizens and nearly 10 crore impoverished families with no limits considering family size and age. To ensure the healthcare services, it offers insurance coverage up to Rs 5 lakh for each family annually for tertiary and secondary hospitalisation charges. It is being practiced digitally without cash and in a paperless manner.
The scheme consists of approximately 1400 complex treatments such as knee replacements, skull surgery and others. Patients can revisit for a recovery follow-up. Of Rs 69,000 crore allocated to the healthcare sector, INR 6,400 crore has been set aside for Ayushman Bharat Yojana. Prioritising seniors, women and girls, the PMJAY provides financial protection to citizens leaving no space for vulnerability.
The people registered in the scheme are registered by the government through various means but need to have specific documents. The most basic requirement is to possess a bank account.
Documents required for Ayushman Bharat Scheme
- A valid age proof is required to be a part of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
- Show or submit your identification proof such as a PAN card or Aadhar Card.
- Submit your current contact details, namely your mobile number, email ID, residential address. Contact details should be sent correctly as it is the only source of contacting the policyholder.
- Visit the PMJAY official website
- Press the ‘Am I Eligible’ option on the website
- Enter your name, phone number, ration card number or the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana URN number. While entering your mobile number, you’ll receive an OTP
- Submit the generated OTP
- Select the state where you reside in
- Tap the search button post mentioning all the essential details. When you click search, a list of names will be stated under the category
- Identify your name in the list.
- Enable a patient verification card for your beneficiaries. For card generation, the patient is instructed to the PMJAY kiosk.
- Read all the valid charges and payments connected with the PMJAY Scheme.
- Confirm any existing sickness or diseases from the provided doctors.
- Receive medical treatment or a prescription of medication from the doctors in the case of an intense situation. Get a medical facility from Empanelled Healthcare Providers (EHCP) or Public Hospitals if hospitalisation is advised.
- Post completion of treatments, get a discharge certificate/bills/invoices from the hospital.
Certificates required for Ayushman Bharat Scheme
One must have two different certificates while becoming a part of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. The required certificates are as follows: Income certificate, Caste certificate and Family Structure.
While the Ayushman Bharat registration and application process, one must state their family structure. For example, an individual must declare whether he lives in a nuclear family or a joint family.
Following are the steps to check Ayushman Bharat Yojana eligibility online
Post checking your eligibility on the online portal, you should head towards the Ayushman Bharat registration and application process. In case you are not eligible for the scheme, it is suitable to view other health insurance plans available in the market to protect yourself and your family in case of medical emergencies.
Following are the steps for Ayushman Bharat Yojana Registration
After the patient gets discharged from the hospital, the claim submission procedure is initiated. One has to flag a request on the online portal with the treatment summary and all the required important documents. The hospital will then submit the requested documents within 24 hours of the patient’s discharge.