The DU (Delhi University) Vice-Chancellor Yogesh Singh announced admission process for 2022-23 on April 5. The notification contains the necessary guidelines to be adhered to by the candidates to get admitted to the University. Besides the Undergraduate courses, the Vice-chancellor also confirmed that registration for the DU PG exams would begin on April 6.

For Undergraduates

The eligibility will be determined based on the Common University Entrance Test (CUET 2022) score. This is an online test held at the 45 central universities for the students to take admission in the course of their choice. Earlier admission process included the cut-offs marks system in Class XII board exams.

The chancellor made it clear that the candidates will be able to appear in CUET only in those subjects they have chosen in Class XII. The merit will be decided by combining those subjects for which the candidate has appeared in the CUET.

All the students must appear in the CUET 2022, and the student’s eligibility will be based on the marks obtained in CUET.

The Dean of Admissions, Haneet Gandhi, explained there would be three sections of CUET 2022 where the first section is divided into two parts. The first part consists of 13 languages and 20 languages. In the second part, the student must appear in at least one of the languages to get admission to DU.

The second section of the exam will consist of the 27 specific topics, and the candidate needs to appear for at least three domain-specific subjects they have studied in Class XII.

The third section will have General Knowledge and awareness section, which will be applied to BA Programme candidates only.

What will be the eligibility criteria for other courses?

For BSc Program

The eligibility for DU admission to most of the BSc programs will be calculated based on Physics, Chemistry, math, or Biology. 30% marks are necessary for anyone subject in the CUET to fulfil the criteria.

Admission in BA (Hons) Economics

The student interested in this course should take the test for Mathematics in CUET. Merit for this will be calculated based on marks the student obtained in the chosen language, maths, and any two subjects.

How are seats distributed?

50% of the seats are designated for minority institutions, and the CUET would account for 85% of the marks for admission, while the colleges will select the other 15%. Minority colleges, including Jesus and Mary, St. Stephen’s, and Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Khalsa College, have 50% of their seats allotted for minority seats.

Admission to DU Post Graduate program

The registration process for postgraduate programs at DU will begin on April 6. The admission will be based on the candidate’s performance in the Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET).

To register, candidates need to visit the official DU registration site ( The last registration date is May 15, and the National Test Agency (NTA) will conduct the test.

50% of the seats are reserved for DU students, and the other 50% will be for the students taking part in the DUET. The exam will take place in 28 cities in the country, most likely in the third week of July.