Weight loss is one of the most important concerns in the modern times. Most people are obese and need some kind of weight loss guidance to have a healthier life. It is not just a personal cause of concern anymore but has become an acute medical condition that needs attention.
There are some basic weight loss guidelines that one must follow which will ensure that you lose weight the right way without exerting yourself.
One must set a goal weight for one's body that is not unrealistic. Instead of setting a specific number as your goal weight, you must give yourself a range within five pounds minimum of your healthy weight. For losing a considerable amount of weight, you must consider making mini goals of losing 5-10 pounds every six weeks to two months rather than focusing on the end weight. You must weigh yourself once every week, preferably at the same time to read the consistency level.
If you have a high metabolism rate, then you will burn calories a a faster rate while if metabolism is slow, the you will burn less calories and at a slow pace. Therefore, for those whose metabolism is slow, must indulge in exercise and strength training while aerobics too helps in yielding a high metabolism.
For those who need to diet have the following instructions:
On the other hand, there are those who wish to independently follow a 'do it yourself' diet where one can follow what one may think is apt for one's body.
- Need structure and discipline in the meal plans
- They may be willing to eliminate certain foods permanently or for some time
- They may research diets until they find what suits them best
- Stick to the diet for the weight loss and then adapt it according to your suitability.
- The 'do it yourself' dieters, must do the following:
- Must have a good knowledge of basic nutrition
- Are honest about their food intake
- Are careful about their consumption of portions
- Eat a variety of foods