Underwater photography is an exciting pastime to pursue. Many of the talented photographers have been able to earn a living through their work of underwater photography. However, in India, underwater photography is yet to take off in a major way. But there are several tourists in India who enjoy capturing underwater scenes on their camera.
What does underwater photography include?
Underwater photography is usually practised by scuba divers, snorkelers and swimmers. There are some fantastic locations in India that provide ample opportunities for photographers to click amazing snaps of marine life. The following natural features interest underwater photographers:
- Marine mammals
- Submerged caves
- Capturing other divers on camera
Important Features of Underwater Photography in India
Some of the important features of underwater photography have been listed below.
- Waterproof cameras, like Nikonos, should be used for underwater photography in India.
- It's quite challenging to use "flash" when under water.
- An underwater photographer, apart from having photography skills, must necessarily be a good swimmer.
- It is one of the most interesting forms of photography practised in India.
Where to go?
There are several locations in India that travelers visit to observe marine life. But only a selective few of those locations are suitable for the purpose of underwater photography. Mentioned below are some of the popular places in India that promote underwater photography:
- Andaman and Nicobar Island
- Lakshadweep Islands
- Daman and Diu