Digital Camera are highly popular these days. They are very easy to operate and convenient to use. All that you require for taking pictures using a digital camera is a set of batteries, a single small memory device along with your digital camera of course for storing the image taken. Accordingly you could also record small videos along with their sound too.
Several advantages of using a digital camera are as follows
- You can instantly view the image you have clicked and check out whether you need to re shoot again or not
- These images or videos with sound recorded on the memory device can be transferred to a computer and the memory card can be reused
- The batteries are rechargeable and can be reused as well.
- Printing of these images becomes an optional as you can view them on your computer screen or even email them across which ultimately serves the purpose of clicking them
- You can even edit the image and rectify minor errors on them using a photo editing software.
Kodak and Apple were the stalwarts of popularizing the digital cameras across the consumers worldwide. This trend began in 1994. and following suit you could purchase digital cameras from Samsung, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Casio, Canon etc. so much so that even your PDAs and mobile phones now contain cameras within them.
Storing of images by a digital camera is done by making use of light sensitive circuit which could be either a CCD (charge-coupled device) or a CMOS (complementary metal oxide semiconductors). When you click an image, a light strikes the circuit which converts the light to pixels (picture elements). Each pixel is a dot that represents a tiny portion of the photo. By combining all of the pixels, you'll see the photo. When we talk of resolution we mean the extent of details of a particular image stored by camera in the form of pixels. It is very crucial that you have a high resolution camera which allows you to store more details of the image you wish to capture. Some commonly available resolution cameras include those with
- 640x480 - Ideal for emailing pictures and uploading them on a Website
- 1216x912 - This resolution is a must if you wish to print these images
- 1600x1200 - This is a truly high resolution which is required for a 4x5 inch good quality print
- 2240x1680 - with this resolution, you can get good quality images for prints up to 16x20 inches
- 4064x2704 - with this resolution you can get almost 11.1 mega pixels enabling you to get 13.5x9 inch good quality prints
Depending upon your use of the camera, you can decide on your model to opt for. For amateur photography, you could opt for a small ultra compact model or a point and shoot model for regular photographers or an advanced model with various lens options for some high end photography
A set of photography Tips which will definitely improve the quality of photographs you lick. These tips are really simply and easy to remember. Once you tried them out, you will remember them each time you use the camera.
- Familiarize yourself with the subject thoroughly. In case you are shooting a person, focus your camera truly at the person and his or her eyes level. In this way you will be able to capture most of his or her emotions and click a good picture.
- Most of the cameras work on the flash which provide the light for capturing the image... but if your flash is pretty far from the image it cannot do so. Hence, you should be within a specified flash range for capturing a good quality image.
- While clicking on a group of people you could try out arranging them in a semi circle or two rows of varying heights or better still make them stand together casually in an informal gathering type of stance and have strike a conversation with each other if possible
- Use a background which display no other object overgrowing your subject...This implies that your subject should be in prominent rather than the background
- If shooting outdoors in the bright sun you will need to used the flash to overcome the shadows on the face. Here, if you are using the digital camera, you will be able to review the results and rectify the image then itself. In cash of slight gray weather, you could use the flash too as it sorts of brightens up the skin tone and yields better results.
- While shooting, you can move to almost three feet give a few steps here or there and click a better image and seize upon the natural beauty of the subject
- Try shooting certain images from various angles, at time even vertical images enhance the picture to a great extent... so you simply need to explore both horizontal and vertical avenues
- For a good and interesting picture, try to work upon the background of the image as well. This is possible if you place the subject slight at the side and click into the slighter larger background.
- Practice upon the focusing of your subject. This tip works wonders and gets wonderful pictures as you click and focus upon your subject you will need to blur out the background slightly so as to get a clear subject image.
- As you are about to click on an image, you need to study the lightening a great deal and try to visualize how the photograph will actually look. Some of the best times to click are early morning or late evening times when the sun is not really above you or the subject